I recently saw this job posting for a Security Officer on Craigslist (Southern California area). For anyone who is not familiar with Craigslist take a look here.
The posting is for a full-time Security Officer and the pay is listed at $19.00 per hour. This is a generous amount of compensation based on the qualifications outlined in the posting.
Here’s the actual posting:
Security Officer – Full-Time (CA)
* Observe and report flow of people on customer property.
* Monitor and inform any illegal or inappropriate activity.
* Give safety for people and property.
* Take control of emergency situations and report to management as needed.
* Read, write, and converse in English.
* Understanding of basic mathematics, English grammar, writing, and spelling.
* Respond to emergency situations quickly and appropriately.
* Stand and/or sit for extended time, as much as eight hrs. per day.
* Should be able to climb stairs.
* Should have the ability to lift, push or pull as much as twenty five lbs. on an occasional basis.
* Able to do work flexible and/or late night timings as needed.
* Meet requirements for personality and grooming.
* Should have great interpersonal skills, and should have the ability to deal effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
Location: inland empire, CA
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Notice the areas I highlighted in red. These are specifics areas of training and skills that I have mentioned in previous posts. For example, the posting says the applicant must meet have the ability to read, write, and use proper grammar. This is exactly what I have emphasized in my post titled “What Employers Want In A Security Officer”. The second area I highlighted in red also expects the applicant to have proper grooming standards and the right “personality” for the job. This goes right along the lines of having a strong command presence as a person of authority.
“This job posting is worth approximately $40,000.00 per year… as a basic Security Officer!”
That’s a pretty good wage for a Security Officer that doesn’t require advanced training. Wouldn’t you agree?
Imagine the money you could make with specialized training?